Friday, September 12, 2008

Liberty and Individuality

A monarch said to a hermit, "Come with me and I will give you power."
"I have all the power that I know how to use," replied the hermit.
"Come," said the king, "I will give you wealth."
"I have no wants that money can supply." said the hermit.
"I will give you honor," said the monarch.
"Ah, honor cannot be given, it must he earned," was the hermit's answer. "Come," said the king, making a last appeal, "and I will give you happiness." "No," said the man of solitude, "there is no happiness without liberty, and he who follows cannot be free."
"You shall have liberty too," said the king. "Then I will stay where I am," said the old man.

What is Liberty? its a Freedom of choice. Every person need to have their own choice on how to live and what to believe.

We are all travelers, and not one traveler is perfectly certain that he is going in the right direction.But every traveller believes his own way or direction is better than others.Other travellers may divert us , try to convince us theirs way is good or better or best. Individuality exists here.Its uniqueness in our thoughts and beliefs from others.

I wish to rely a little upon my own judgment in any matter. What I believe is right, I will do it. We should all remember that to be like other people is to be unlike ourselves. It is a responsibility to think and act for yourself.

Every human being should take a road of his own. Every mind should be true to itself -- should think, investigate and conclude for itself.Once you start changing your mind or thoughts or way or direction for others, then starts the death of your Liberty and individuality taht exists with that person for whom you change.

This is all my opinion on being self. Individuality gives us a feeling of self-respect and personal worth.

1 comment:

SMILING TIGER said...

It is a good piece of thought. I have read somewhere that liberty means taking responsibility that is why most men dread of it. I like your thought. In SRIMAD BHAGBAT GITA Lord Sri Krishna also advised Arjuna the same thing. He said and I quote “iti te gyanam akhyatam guhyat guhyataram maya, bimrusya etat asheshena yatha ichhasi tatha kuru”. This means I have told all the good things but you should receive and act, upon which you better convinced.

Brajendra
http://mentalmatrix2.blogspot.com
mail your reply also on: patibk1972@gmail.com